The God You Need
Wk 7 God is Gracious
Message Outline and Question
May 31 2020
The Bridge Church Spanish Springs
When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.
- Dissatisfaction Leads to __________
- Greed Leads to ______________
1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
Why do we have to deal with, or pay the price for the sin committed by Adam?
Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned—
The Consequence of Original Sin
- Adam had to _________ to not follow God. We must now __________ to follow God.
- Without that _____________________, we probably would not be here
The first mention of the good news of salvation in the Bible
And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed;
He shall bruise you on the head, and you shall bruise him on the heel.”
God’s Grace Changes Everything!
- Grace is the __________________________ of salvation from God
But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
God’s Grace Changes Everything!
Small Group Discussion Questions
- Read Genesis 3:1-5, why do you think God allowed the serpent to be in the garden? Satan twists God’s words he also cut out some scripture when enticing Jesus during His desert experience. What are ways we can know when God’s word is being twisted or taken out of context? What are some proper responses when this happens?
- In Genesis 3:4, Eve when speaking with the serpent adds, “…nor shall you touch it,” when speaking about the fruit that was forbidden. What are some mistakes Eve made that we might learn from?
- What’s wrong with Adam and Eve having the knowledge of good and evil?
- Read Genesis 3:11-13 Adam and Eve seem to play the blame game with God. Why is it so hard to internalize our sins and ask for forgiveness? What are some mistakes Adam made that we might learn from?
- Read Romans 5:12 Paul says “… because all sinned”, How can you share with non-believers who say that “I’m not that bad”, or “God loves everyone, he’ll be ok with me just the way I am”.
- Read Romans 5:15-17 what is the free gift Paul speaks of and is it available to all? Can you lose it once you have it? Can you give grace to others? How?
- Pray for God’s Church as the re-opening’s start to happen. Pray for a time of revival that His churches will be overfilled as God works all things together for good.
Scriptures and Notes
Genesis 3: 1-13
1Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”
2The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’ ”
6When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
8Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”
10He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”
11And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”
12The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
13Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
12Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—
Romans 5: 15-17
15But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16Nor can the gift of God be compared with the result of one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. 17For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!
44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
1 Corinthians 10:13
13No temptation c has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted d beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, e he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
Ephesians 2: 4-5
Ephesians 2: 8-9