Back to School Prayer Walk – The Week of August 10th
What better way to start the school year than to pray! The prayers of God’s people can change the atmosphere of an entire school. Since our children and college students spend a large portion of their life on campus, it makes sense to cover that campus with prayer.
Join us on the week of August 10th, as we pray for our neighborhood schools. Signup today here and select school you’ll be praying for and when. We will have a short orientation at our Reno Campus on Sunday, August 9th at 11:30 am.
Prayer walking is praying for your surroundings while you walk — for the folks in those homes you pass, for the businesses, and for passersby as well as other needs you sense around you. It’s not checking names off a mental list but, instead, praying at God’s leading with open eyes and a caring heart.
A school prayer walk is as simple as going to a local school and walking around the campus as you pray for the school—the workers and students. It is not always possible to go completely around a school because of fences and other barriers, but as much as possible walk around the entire campus. This can be one person or several people who visit a school and walk around the campus and pray. Please be respectful of boundaries and property while on campus.
- If you are uncomfortable with going to the school or have physical limitations, we encourage you to do a “virtual” prayer walk in the comfort of your own home.
Quick guidelines for school prayers:
- Pray for administrators, teachers, staff members, and students.
- Pray that God would raise up his people on that campus to share the message of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that students’ hearts would be open to the gospel.
- Pray that God’s peace and safety would surround the campus.
Get your family involved in prayer walking!
Video used with permission. Teaching by Kim Butts with Harvest Prayer Ministries